Course Length: 16 weeks
This course prepares new and potential first-level supervisors to handle people management duties. Among the topics covered are hiring, performance management, coaching, rewards and recognition, corrective action, managing employee relations, and managing change. This course was updated in 2009 to reflect current practices, as well as changes to applicable laws and regulations.
Participants who successfully complete this course AND either complete the Banking Today or AIB Principles of Banking, course will receive the AIB Supervisor Certificate.
New and potential first level supervisors.
After successfully completing this program, you will be able to:
- Select the most qualified candidate for the job
- Describe the importance of ethical practices in banking
- Identify the major strategies for managing employee relations
- Execute and communicate clear performance objectives
- Recognize the need to coach others to achieve their personal best
- Explain the need to employee corrective action and plan appropriate steps for corrective counseling
- Describe different forms of recognition and the benefits
- Explain the change process and what actions to take to manage change
$750 - Members
$950 - Non-members
Students must register 1 week prior to the start of the course.