Attend this proactive seminar to gain an understanding of the often complex and confusing topic of TAXES!
Bank personnel are required to obtain and properly interpret tax returns for both commercial and consumer lending purposes. The first part of this seminar will concentrate on personal tax return analysis, and the second part will focus on analysis of various business tax returns.
- Review the basic structure of the personal 1040 federal tax return (including the various schedules and K-1 forms),
- Use analysis techniques to prepare a personal cash flow from information gleaned from the 1040 and the related schedules
- Discuss updates in the current tax code and how they affect the bank’s clients, and
- Describe how the 1040 tax return can be used to market the bank’s products and services.
- Discuss the structure of a C corporation, S corporation, and Partnership (including LLC) tax return,
- Analyze business tax returns and prepare cash flows for these entities,
- Draw additional information from the business returns including identifying fraudulent tax returns, and
- Discuss updates in the current tax code as they apply to businesses.
Commercial lenders, credit analysts, consumer lenders, loan documentation specialists, branch managers, assistant branch managers, private bankers, and business development officers
David L. Osburn is the founder of Osburn & Associates, LLC, a Business Training and Contract CFO Firm that provides seminars, webinars, and keynote speeches for CPAs, bankers, attorneys, credit managers, and business owners on topics such as Banking/Finance/Credit, Negotiation Skills, Marketing, and Management Issues. Mr. Osburn’s Contract CFO clients include medical practitioners, financial institutions, law firms, CPA firms, architects, real estate developers, and contractors.
His extensive professional background of over 30 years includes 17 years as a Business Trainer/Contract CFO and 16 years as a bank commercial lender including the position of Vice President/Senior Banking Officer. His banking credentials include loan underwriting, loan “work-out”, management, and business development.
Mr. Osburn has been an adjunct college professor (MBA and undergraduate courses) for over 30 years including Regis University and the College of Southern Nevada. He holds an MBA from Utah State University, a BS in Finance from Brigham Young University, and is a graduate of the ABA National Commercial Lending School held at the University of Oklahoma. Additionally, Mr. Osburn holds the professional designation of Certified Credit & Risk Analyst (CCRA) as granted by the National Association of Credit Management (NACM).
MBA Member Price: $265
On-Demand Price: $295
What is a Webinar?
A webinar is an online seminar featuring audio, PowerPoint and other interactive features. The program may be viewed on most devices. No special hardware is needed; however, speakers or headphones are required. The program consists of 105 minutes of instruction and 15 minutes live Q&A. Each Live Webinar registration provides one connection to the webinar, materials and access to the On-Demand Webinar for 30 days. You may have unlimited listeners on your connection.
An On-Demand Webinar is a webinar that has been recorded and can be viewed at your convenience (24/7). Anyone at your branch may access the program online using the login. With an On-Demand Webinar, you have 6 months unlimited access to the program from the date of purchase (access to the live webinar is not included).