Residential construction lending continues to expand slowly, along with the economy, with remodeling maintaining a large share of projects. This program provides an overview of the major issues involved in consumer or residential construction lending, primarily to individuals having a home built or remodeled.
- What is construction risk and how is it mitigated?
- What additional due diligence is needed, beyond a conventional mortgage application and underwriting?
- Full construction vs. repair/remodel
- Construction contract and cost estimate issues (Description of Materials form)
- Contractor credentials and qualifications
- Plans and drawings
- Title insurance
- Appraisal issues
- Loan pricing and structuring
- Typical interest rate and fees
- Construction loan agreements
- Issues with draws and inspections, including cost over-runs and lien priority
- How is the construction loan going to end (get repaid)?
Consumer lenders, mortgage bankers, private bankers, small business lenders, commercial lenders, credit analysts, loan review specialists, special assets officers, lending managers and credit officers involved in the consumer lending process. Also intended for support personnel involved in the administration of residential construction loans.
Richard Hamm has been training bankers for 25 years, designing and delivering courses specializing in commercial lending and credit, including portfolio and risk management, commercial real estate (CRE) and appraisals, plus selling and negotiating skills, and director training.
Richard is based in Huntsville, AL and has owned/operated Advantage Consulting & Training for 11 years, after a 22-year banking career including senior positions in lending and credit, plus president through formation and acquisition of a community bank. He has BS and MBA degrees from the University of Alabama.
MBA Member Price: $265
On-Demand Price: $295
What is a Webinar?
A webinar is an online seminar featuring audio, PowerPoint and other interactive features. The program may be viewed on most devices. No special hardware is needed; however, speakers or headphones are required. The program consists of 105 minutes of instruction and 15 minutes live Q&A. Each Live Webinar registration provides one connection to the webinar, materials and access to the On-Demand Webinar for 30 days. You may have unlimited listeners on your connection.
An On-Demand Webinar is a webinar that has been recorded and can be viewed at your convenience (24/7). Anyone at your branch may access the program online using the login. With an On-Demand Webinar, you have 6 months unlimited access to the program from the date of purchase (access to the live webinar is not included).