Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, shares a variety of tricks and techniques you can use to improve the integrity of your Excel spreadsheets during this live presentation. You’ll also discover methods for auditing the spreadsheets created by others.
David covers several Excel features, including hiding and protecting formulas, the Conditional Formatting feature, the Table feature, the Data Validation feature, and the Custom Views feature. In addition, he explains how to:
- Perform dual lookups.
- Sum disparate sections of a spreadsheet.
- Toggle the Locked status of a worksheet cell.
- Preserve key formulas.
- Color-code your data, identify duplicates, and apply icons . . . and more.
David typically demonstrates techniques from the version of Excel used by the majority of attendees. This means he uses Excel 2010, 2013, or 2016 to demonstrate techniques, but his detailed handouts identify differences in Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016 when needed.
His webcasts are fast-paced, and attendees often are surprised at the amount of ground he covers in a session. He welcomes participants’ questions, so come ready to pick his brain. David’s detailed handouts, with numbered steps, serve as reference material you can utilize going forward. He also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
What You Will Learn:
- Get a jump start on spreadsheet projects by using free, prebuilt templates in Excel.
- Learn a simple design technique that greatly improves the integrity of Excel’s SUM function.
- Quickly sum disparate sections of a spreadsheet with the SUBTOTAL function.
- Improve the integrity of spreadsheets with Excel’s VLOOKUP function.
- Future-proof VLOOKUP by using Excel’s Table feature versus referencing static ranges.
- Perform dual lookups, which allow you to look across columns and down rows to cross-reference the data you need.
- Use the SUMIF function to summarize data based on a single criterion.
- Use Excel’s OFFSET function to dynamically reference data from one or more accounting periods.
- Compare the IFNA, IFERROR, and ISERROR functions and learn which versions of Excel support these worksheet functions.
- Preserve key formulas using hide and protect features.
- Toggle the Locked status of a worksheet cell on or off by way of a custom shortcut.
- Use Conditional Formatting to identify unlocked cells into which data can be entered.
- Use Conditional Formatting to color-code your data, identify duplicates, and apply icons.
- Discover techniques that automatically provide fallback positions in the event you need to see an earlier version of your spreadsheet.
- Apply techniques and features that will improve the integrity of your Excel spreadsheets.
- Define how to preserve key formulas using hide and protect features
- Identify how to use the SUMIF function to summarize data based on a single criterion.
Practitioners who may benefit from improving the integrity of their Excel spreadsheets and boost their efficiency while doing so.
David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is an author and nationally recognized instructor who teaches scores of webinars each year. His Excel courses are based on over 25 years of consulting and teaching experience. David’s mantra is “Either you work Excel, or it works you,” so he focuses on what he sees users don’t, but should, know about Microsoft Excel. His goal is to empower you to use Excel more effectively.
MBA Member Price: $265
On-Demand Price: $295
What is a Webinar?
A webinar is an online seminar featuring audio, PowerPoint and other interactive features. The program may be viewed on most devices. No special hardware is needed; however, speakers or headphones are required. The program consists of 105 minutes of instruction and 15 minutes live Q&A. Each Live Webinar registration provides one connection to the webinar, materials and access to the On-Demand Webinar for 30 days. You may have unlimited listeners on your connection.
An On-Demand Webinar is a webinar that has been recorded and can be viewed at your convenience (24/7). Anyone at your branch may access the program online using the login. With an On-Demand Webinar, you have 6 months unlimited access to the program from the date of purchase (access to the live webinar is not included).