Lending is all about risk management. This seminar is designed to take the "mystery" out of the commercial lending process and the confusing terminology often used by lenders.
Support personnel have a key role and stake in the commercial and business lending process, and they can help to create a safe and sound loan portfolio. Many would say that support personnel are the backbone of a good leading team. This program takes the perspective of a non-lender, and what goes on during the process of analyzing and approving a loan, focusing on commercial and business loans.
- An overview of the key steps in the commercial and business lending process
- The role of loan policy and typical content areas
- The types of financial analyses conducted
- Four keys to loan structuring, including the types of commercial loan facilities most frequently used, and various terminology
- Loans as defined by financing length or term (loans, lines of credit, etc.)
- Loans as defined by collateral (secured or unsecured)
- Loans as defined by third party support (guaranteed or non-recourse)
- Overview of how bankers establish a risk rating for commercial and business loans
- Importance of ongoing loan monitoring after the loan is closed
- The "Five Cs of Credit"
Community bankers in non-lending roles, lending assistants, loan processors, loan operations personnel, new credit analysts, loan review personnel, internal audit and bank compliance specialists.
Richard Hamm has been training bankers for 25 years, designing and delivering courses specializing in commercial lending and credit, including portfolio and risk management, commercial real estate (CRE) and appraisals, plus selling and negotiating skills, and director training.
Richard is based in Huntsville, AL and has owned/operated Advantage Consulting & Training for 11 years, after a 22-year banking career including senior positions in lending and credit, plus president through formation and acquisition of a community bank. He has BS and MBA degrees from the University of Alabama.
MBA Member Price: $265
On-Demand Price: $295
What is a Webinar?
A webinar is an online seminar featuring audio, PowerPoint and other interactive features. The program may be viewed on most devices. No special hardware is needed; however, speakers or headphones are required. The program consists of 105 minutes of instruction and 15 minutes live Q&A. Each Live Webinar registration provides one connection to the webinar, materials and access to the On-Demand Webinar for 30 days. You may have unlimited listeners on your connection.
An On-Demand Webinar is a webinar that has been recorded and can be viewed at your convenience (24/7). Anyone at your branch may access the program online using the login. With an On-Demand Webinar, you have 6 months unlimited access to the program from the date of purchase (access to the live webinar is not included).